Farm Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Farm Insurance Information
Farmers face many perils that can cause costly lawsuits, lost profits and even put a farm out of business. Proactively acquiring farm insurance is one way to protect your farm against unwelcome risks.
Boyer Insurance is here to help you navigate your farm insurance needs and get the policies that offer you adequate protection. Call us today to get started.
What is Farm Insurance?
Farm insurance is not a single insurance policy but a combination of insurance policies designed to protect your farm’s operations from a wide range of threats. Like other businesses, farms need property insurance and liability coverage. However, depending on your operations, your farm may also benefit from additional, specialized coverages.
Here are some insurance policies commonly included with farm insurance:
· General liability insurance protects against lawsuits or claims arising from third-party bodily injury or property damage, personal advertising injury or reputational harm, or negligence.
· Farm equipment insurance insures your farm for damages incurred to vital farm equipment, such as tractors, combines or trailers, from certain risks (e.g., floods, fire, cab glass breakage).
· Livestock insurance protects against accidents and other unexpected events that may affect your livestock. There are many options for customizing this type of insurance to fit your farm’s needs. (e.g., herd insurance to protect a limited number of animals, mortality insurance to protect against the cost of an animal’s death).
· Crop insurance protects your farm from losses to crops that occur because of natural disasters (e.g., floods, fires, droughts, hail).
· Workers’ compensation insurance covers medical costs and lost wages for employees injured on your farm. In Ohio, workers’ compensation insurance is required for all businesses with employees, including farms of all sizes.
· Product liability protects your farm against lawsuits related to sold products. This coverage is specifically designed for items that are processed (e.g., applesauce, wine, cheese) and protects your farm if someone experiences illness or injury as a result of consuming your product.
· Pollution liability offers coverage if pollutants from your farm escape from your property or in transit, resulting in illness or injury. If this occurs, government regulations will also hold you responsible for the clean-up.
Depending on the scale of your operations, additional coverages may be necessary to ensure total coverage. Supplemental coverage options include the following:
· Farm dwelling insurance covers a home or dwelling if you live on your farm.
· Farm structures insurance protects buildings on the farm (e.g., barns, silos).
· Equine insurance insures horses against death, injuries or other hazards.
· Umbrella insurance protects against losses that exceed the limits of your other insurance policies.
Get the Farm Insurance You Need
Finding the right insurance is crucial when protecting your farm against undue financial hardships.
Contact Boyer Insurance in Zaynesville, Ohio, to learn more about which farm insurance options are right for you.